Monday, May 04, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Say Thank You And Go In A Different Direction

I've had a few days off in a row and I find that when I start to slow down, my internal voice starts to speed up! I have to say that at times my internal voice really doesn't have anything nice to say - it's like I have my own little internal bully :( Good thing I also have an internal voice that also loves to nurture and that voice is teaching me to say "thank you" to the bully and then head in another direction - a place where I remind myself that I am a beautiful, creative being :) So if you find your internal critic is being a bully...say "thanks, but I'm not headed in your direction!"

It was fun to try the embossed wax paper resist technique on SCS today! It was like magic! I used a texturz plate and brayered with real red ink. The cupcake was made with a series of punches and a bunch of stickles :) Enjoy!

No comments: