Friday, September 04, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Crafting Is Good Medicine...And So Is Exercise!

My new life has begun! I am finally starting to wind down and come to grips with my new work status - contractor...it has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Michael has a cold, but he has been visiting me in the craft room and I think it's been great medicine! In the craft room his body gets to rest and there's great creative energy - what better medicine is there?! I also went to the gym for the first time in about 2 years yesterday! I was quite reluctant, but finally went and I am so glad I did. My body has that good sore feeling today and that soreness is my reminder of the steps I am beginning to take to take better care of myself. This is an exciting new beginning!

Today's photo is of a card and "bouquet" that I made this morning for my cousin Karen for her birthday. Years ago I gave her a flower pen and she loved it so I thought it was time to make a whole bouquet for her :) I placed them in a paper "vase" made from the new fancy favor die and made a matching embossed card with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I sponged some Old Olive on the embossed roses to give them some texture. Hope you (and Karen) like it!

1 comment:

Marita's said...

This is a big milestone in your life.
Please, remember also to make some bouquet for yourself. You deserve it.
Marita