Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bucket Purse Challenge!

The "Try A New Technique" challenge on SCS was to make a bucket purse using this wonderful template from Mel McCarthy (thanks Mel!!!!).  I just had to stay awake to try this! I cut the template out of Kraft card stock and then wheeled it with the I {Love} Love jumbo wheel in Chocolate Chip. I punched the handles using my 1 1/2" circle punch.  I added some stamping with an Itty Bitty Background stamp to give this a vintage feel and then sponged a bunch of Chocolate Chip ink on every edge and nook and cranny! The heart was punched from Kraft card stock and then covered in red glitter (of course the glitter is now all over the craft room, the cat, the dog, and me!)! I filled the inside with crimped Rose Red and Real Red paper strips. Now I just need to fill it with candy! Hope you like it!

stamps:  I {Love} Love wheel, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
card stock:  Kraft, Real Red, Rose Red
ink:  Chocolate Chip
accessories: red ultrafine glitter, full heart punch, crimper, sponge, heat & stick powder, heat tool, 1 1/2" circle punch

No comments: