Saturday, February 06, 2010

Erte - Paper Cutting

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes The Greatest Gift The Craft Room Offers Is A Little Peace And Quiet

We had a friend visiting us in the house this week.  We really enjoyed sharing time together and, at the same time, I could tell that I was missing time of quiet and solitude.  When I walked into the craft room today to create, I was struck by the surprising gift of peace and quiet this special room offered!  I always think of the craft room as a place to explore the gift of creativity.  Today I am grateful for the other gifts it brings :)

Today's card was inspired by Erte - this particular piece of art.  I used an xacto blade to cut out the black card stock in the shape of a butterfly.  (I used a butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die as a template for the outline and drew it on the back side of the card stock and then cut around it with the xacto knife).  I stamped a whisper white piece of paper with the bella toile background stamp and colored the image with my aqua painter and various ink colors.  The tiny butterflies on the greeting are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  Hope you like it!

stamps:  Of The Earth (hostess), Bella Toile
card stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore
ink:  Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Brilliant Blue, Only Orange, Going Gray
accessories: xacto blade, Big Shot, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die, Beautiful Wings embosslit

No comments: