Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Wow Flowers Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Ride The Wave Of Inspiration!

I went to bed after checking what colors were in today's color challenge on SCS - basic gray, bravo burgundy, crushed curry and neutrals...with the extra challenge of adding text, other than a greeting, somewhere on your card.  I woke up knowing that I needed to use Wow Flowers.  I almost ran into the craft room to get started!  Half-way through I though "Wow!  This is sure ugly!"  But I kept going and I am so glad I did!  I am really pleased with the result.  How 'bout you?  Sometimes you just need to ride the wave of inspiration and see where it leads!

I began by stamping the "birthday wishes" greeting in basic gray on the basic gray card stock.  Then I went crazy stamping the geometric flower in crushed curry on very vanilla and then continued with the same stamp in bravo burgundy.  That panel and the center crushed curry circle are popped up on dimensionals.  I love that this card only uses one stamp set!  I hope you like it!  I got this stamp set as a FREEBIE with Sale-a-Bration!  Spend $50 in a product purchase and you can get it too!  Shop HERE now!

stamps:  Wow Flowers
card stock:  Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Bravo Burgundy
ink:  Crushed Curry, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray
accessories: rhinestone brad, 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1 1/4" circle punches

No comments: