Friday, February 12, 2010

Negative/Positive

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Appreciate The Struggle

I sure had a hard time in the craft room today.  Nothing was coming easily and nothing looked right.  But I kept going...I know there is something to take away from today's struggle - that I need to appreciate it and recognize it is part of the creative process and that I will get through it and have another easy time soon!  Sometimes you just need to appreciate the struggle and recognize it is only temporary.  As my mother has told me, "This too shall pass."

Today's challenge on SCS was to be inspired by the presidents.  Anything from cherry trees to dollars :)  This card was brought about by the thought of change and the idea that each new president believes that they will make a difference - that change will come.  I thought that using the negative/positive image would reflect this theme of change.  I hope you like it!  The flowers were just circle punched pieces of whisper white card stock that I snipped and then "fluffed!"  So easy to make and they add quite a bit of dimension to a card.

No comments: