Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Nature Walk Sympathy - OCCASIONS MINI MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE TODAY!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sit And Write
I sometimes wonder where creative ideas come from - especially when I find that mine are running dry and the muse had fallen asleep.  It is at these times when I find it incredibly helpful to get back to the habit of sitting down each day and writing in my journal.  If I just show up and start writing down my stream of consciousness (and yes, sometimes my stream of consciousness writes things like, "how am I going to sit here and write for another minute?  What am I going to say?") at some point the ideas seem to flow into my thoughts and onto the page.  At times, a thought that has nothing at all to do with creativity will lead to a creative idea.  What I am learning is that I just need to show up - to sit down and write - and the muse will come and sit down with me :)  One of my resolutions this year is to lighten my thinking by getting my thoughts out of my head and onto a page every single day.  In this way I will coax the muse by lightening my thoughts and clearing the way for her to enter.
Today's card is for a friend whose father recently passed away.  His dad was 93 years old!  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the flower and butterfly from the new Nature Walk set that is in the Occasions mini catalog.  I stamped the image and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I then took out some Copic markers and colored the flowers and butterfly.  I also added some dazzling diamonds to the butterfly.  I distressed the edges and also used the spritzer tool to add some "age" to the background.  I hope you like it!

No comments: