Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Varsity Numbers New Years Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take A Step Forward And Turn Your Dreams Into Visualizations
It's easy for me to sit and dream about being (insert words here)...for example "an artist," "healthier," "financially secure," "athletically fit"...you get the idea.  What I realize is that dreaming about it isn't going to make it happen.  I need to do more than just dream - I need to accept that it is possible and then take action.  One way to believe that it is possible is to turn the dream into a visualization - actually picture myself as an artist - as financially secure - as already having achieved athletic fitness.  If we begin to create the pictures in our minds of having already arrived at our dream we are demonstrating to ourselves and the universe that we have accepted the possibility and are ready to move from dream and acceptance into reality.  Can you accept what you are dreaming about?
Don't you just love all these colors together!  I'm not sure how it happened - it began with Soft Suede and Melon Mambo and took off from there!  I then added Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive.  This just says "you're gonna have a great 2011" to me!  The Varsity Numbers stamp set is a great set for creating any year you want - for cards for birthdays, anniversaries, new years, weight goals - wherever you need numbers, this set can help!  It is also easy to cut out since all the lines are straight and not curvy.  The scalloped chipboard circle was made as an experiment.  I ran the chipboard through the Big Shot with the scallop circle die and then ran the scallop circle through again using the clear circle die.  I love how it turned out!  The Billboard decorative strip die was used to make the letters for "happy."  Finally, I added some rhinestone jewels for some sparkle!  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Hi Michelle,

I really miss your videos. When will you post another?

Nathalie

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

Thanks Nathalie! I miss doing them too :) The holiday season got a bit nuts, but now I'm hoping to post one within the next week and then get on a more consistent schedule moving forward. Thanks so much for your comment! It's always nice to know that someone is out there :) Happy New Year!