Friday, January 07, 2011

Four Ways Friday #32 - Scallop Envelope Bigz Die

Today's Four Ways Friday is all about the Scallop Envelope Bigz Die for the Big Shot.  Hope you enjoy these four different ways to use your die.
You can use the envelope "as is."  Just create the envelope by running it through the Big Shot with some card stock and then using a bit of glue when you fold in the side flaps to construct the envelope.  Here I ran the envelope through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and then sponged it with some ink before putting it together.  I added some punched circles, brads and a bit of linen thread for the closer.  Here are views of the front and inside.
You can also use these small envelopes as layers on larger cards.  Here is a standard size card with the envelope added to the front as an element.
I used a dimensional on the bottom part of the scalloped oval - that way I was able to tuck the envelope flap under the top of the scalloped oval to act as a closure for the envelope.  You can put a special note in the little envelope and then write your letter on the inside of the card itself.
You can make adorable mini books with these envelopes too!  This is the outside - and here is the inside...
To make this mini book I just adhered the flap of one envelope to the back of another envelope.  You can make these books as large or as small as you like and you have all kinds of fun space to decorate and fill!  I cut off the flap of the top envelope and created a cover with some card stock.  I may need to put together a video on this one so you can see how fun and easy it is to make!
You can also use these great envelopes to make a gift box!!!!!  Here I adhered four of them together and added some side embellishments.  You can wrap some yummy Valentine's chocolates in some fabric or tulle and give these as adorable gifts!  Have fun with it!  I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday.  I'm hoping to be back next week with some new videos for you!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your wonderful blog and fantastic video tutorials via a Google search. I absolutely love your style! I'll be spending a great deal of time here, going through your archives and gleaning much inspiration from your beautiful creations. Thanks, so much, for sharing your talents! Doris