Friday, April 29, 2011

Four Ways Friday # 47 - Three Little Words Stamp Set

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play around with the Three Little Words stamp set!
For the first two cards I decided to only use the Three Little Words stamp set.  Here I stamped the flower tops on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut them out with a hobby blade.  I stamped them in various shades of pink and red, colored with my markers.  I then stamped the stems, in Old Olive ink, onto the Whisper White panel and attached the flower tops using dimensionals.  I added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the flowers.  The panel was mounted onto a Rose Red panel and then onto a Sahara Sand card base.  The greeting was stamped in Rose Red with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig to keep it straight :)
I kept the same color scheme for this second card.  The greeting was stamped repeatedly in Sahara Sand onto a 2"x 2" square of Whisper White card stock.  The stamp-a-ma-jig was a big help :)  I also spritzed a bit with the spritzer tool to add some interest.  The flower was colored using markers and then stamped onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock.  I cut out the flower using a hobby blade and then attached it to the card with a dimensional.  A touch of dazzling diamonds finishes this simple look.  Here is a close-up of the flower panel:
I have been playing around lately with old photographs and transparencies and this next card is a part of that play! 
I took a vintage image and printed it out onto the transparency with my laser printer.  I then did a touch of coloring on the back of the transparency and sewed it to a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  The greeting was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and then punched out with the XL decorative label punch.  I sponged the edges and stamped a bit with Crumb Cake ink using one of the stamps from the Vintage Vogue stamp set.  The label was attached to the back of the transparency panel and then mounted onto the Natural Ivory card base.  Here is a close up of the center image:
Well, I kept playing with the whole transparency thing...and here is what popped out!
I decided not to make this into a standard card, but rather into a small postcard that I can give to a loved one.  You could also incorporate a piece like this into a larger collage or just add a string and hang it.  I printed out the vintage photo onto a transparency using my laser printer and then colored the back of the transparency with some watercolor pencils (paint would probably have worked better, but I was too lazy to get out the paints and water!).  I then stamped the words, using Staz-on Jet Black ink, onto the front of the transparency.  You have to use a steady hand when stamping on window sheets or transparencies since they are quite slick!  I sewed the transparency to a piece of Sahara Sand card stock and then adhered it to a piece of Basic Black card stock.  Here is what the back of the piece looks like:
The post card stamp is from a retired stamp set - I believe it was called Vintage Postcard.  I added a touch of black spritzing with the spritzer tool.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope my incorporating some fun new techniques, like printed on transparencies, inspires you to try something new!  Have a wonderfully creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: