Monday, May 02, 2011

Bugs & Kisses Journal Art

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Make Some Honest Art
I have a confession to make...I have to admit that lately I have felt like I have not been honest in my art.  What do I mean by this?  Well, I often share cards with you that I would call "happy" cards - cards that are meant to make people smile or feel good.  However, inside of me, I know that I don't always want to smile and I don't always feel good and the card art I have been making was not letting me express the other emotions I feel.  So, I decided it was time to make and share some "honest" art.  Don't get me wrong, there are definitely times I am happy and smiling and feeling good...I am just more complex than that and my art needs to be too.
So off I went to explore some sorrow.  I mentioned Teesha Moore to you last week and this piece was inspired by her art journaling process.  It is a piece of art that I intend to frame.  I included some Stampin' Up! glossy card stock, ink and designer papers.  You may also recognize the dragonfly from Bugs & Kisses :)  I stamped him with Staz-On onto vellum, cut him out and colored the wings and body with markers.  I hope this piece speaks to you - it felt good to set some of my sorrow free.

No comments: