Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Not Quite A One Stamp Wonder Robot :)

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What Takes Your Attention?
Today I was wondering about the things that seem to attract my attention.  I wish I could say I am proud of all the things that attract my attention.  There are some that I feel great about:  my family (four-legged and two-legged members!), my art, nature.  There are also quite a few things that I attend to that I am not very pleased about:  this darn computer...when I'm just mindlessly checking news and compulsively checking email, idle thoughts, negative self-talk.  It seems that I let my attention be drawn to things that aren't constructive for me - that aren't helping me move forward on my journey.  And now the big question...what do I do about it?!  It seems the first step is noticing what I am attending to, then deciding if that is where I want to put my attention.  If the answer is "no," then the next step is to accept the challenge of stopping giving that thing my attention.  I know it will be a learning process and I am ready to learn.  There is an old saying that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.  So I am going to keep my eyes open for all of the "teachers" that will come my way to help me with this lesson.  I know my cat, Willow, is already one of those teachers.  It is amazing to watch her attend to what is of utmost importance to her - usually it's a mouse in the backyard by the bird feeders :)  I am inspired by her focus!
Today's card missed being a One Stamp Wonder by one stamp!  I just couldn't help myself!  This robot needed a cupcake! :)  I stamped the head by inking up an acrylic block.  The body is the lid from a stampin' spot.  The lines on his body are from the ridges on a snail holder.  His arms. his antennae, and the polka dots are a pencil eraser used as a stamp.  His eyes are a combination of stamping the end of a marker and then stamping the lid of a 2-way glue pen.  The cupcake is from the So Cute stamp set and the greeting is from On Your Birthday.  What kind of robot can you make with your supplies???? :)

No comments: