Thursday, May 05, 2011

Nature Walk Mother's Day Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find A Rhythm In Repetition
We live in a world of constant change.  I am sometimes amazed by how many images get flashed across a tv screen in a second!  It's mind boggling!  It's no wonder that it can be challenging to hear your inner voice - the whispers of your internal wisdom - when change is going on all around you and distracting your attention.  Repetition is one way to calm the change and enable your inner voice to be heard.  Meditation takes advantage of this - the repetition of the awareness on your breath or the repetition of a mantra over and over again - a word or a sound - so that your mind is no longer distracted and your internal thoughts can rise to the surface.  I find that walking meditation works for me.  When I walk Buddy in the morning and just focus on my steps, my mind seems to open and I am much closer to my inner wisdom.  What repetition can you focus on today?
Today's card is the card I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  I decided that this special card for such a special woman really didn't need a lot of glitz and glamour - just simple and beautiful, just like her!  The card base is Very Vanilla.  I cut a small piece of Natural Ivory card stock and rounded one edge.  I stamped the floral image in Crumb Cake, multiple times, across the bottom.  The greeting is from Cause For Celebration (hostess) and was stamped in Early Espresso using the stamp-a-ma-jig.  The bird was stamped onto Whisper White using Jet Black Staz-On ink and then colored in using an aqua painter and Bashful Blue ink.  The beak is Soft Suede and the legs/feet a mix of Soft Suede and Going Gray (retired).  The bird and the panel were both mounted onto the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I do like it and I'm sure your mother will love it. Such sweet and beautiful simplicity.