Friday, September 30, 2011

Four Ways Friday #64 - Flower Burst Embosslit

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about using the Flower Burst embosslit in four different ways!  You'll have to pardon the overuse of brown colors in this Four Ways Friday - for some reason I was all about the brown this week!
For this first card I just took a piece of designer paper (Neutrals Pattern Stack) and ran it through the Big Shot with the Flower Burst embosslit.  Then I took a sanding block and sanded the raised side of the flower - this allowed the white core of the paper to come through.  I added a touch of gold and silver smooch ink to the center of the flower.  I attached a piece of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon across the card by making a small slit along the seam of the card, running the ribbon through, and tying it in a knot.  The flower was adhered with glue dots.  I stamped the greeting from Sincere Salutations with Early Espresso ink and the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig.  So simple!
Vellum is a lot of fun to emboss since the texture turns quite opaque!  Here I ran three different pieces of vellum through the Big Shot with the embosslit.  I then tied a piece of Chantilly lace ribbon around the card and knotted it.  Next I adhered the vellum flowers using glue.
 I then took a small vintage tag and stamped the floral image and greeting from Tiny Tags using Early Espresso ink.  I removed the string from the vintage tag and covered the hole with an adhesive rhinestone and then tied the string around the center of the ribbon knot and knotted it as well.  I also trimmed the length of the string.  Finally, I adhered some adhesive pearls to the center of the flowers.
Finally, a card that isn't brown! (although I'm not done with that brown yet!).  For this small 3" x 3" card I embossed a piece of watercolor paper in the sizzlit.  I then sprayed the flower with a combination of inks and champagne shimmer mist paint mixed alcohol.   Being the impatient person that I am, I dried the flower using my heat tool and then sponged the flower with both Early Espresso and Melon Mambo ink.  The Rich Razzleberry card stock base was then layered with a small square of watercolor paper that was stamped with a few words from Fabulous Phrases in Rich Razzleberry ink.  I tied a piece of dotted Rich Razzleberry ribbon around the card and knotted it and then added a small piece of Cajun Craze card stock that I had punched with the scallop edge punch.  The flower was finally added to the card using dimensionals.
Don't forget that your embosslits will work with a few materials other than card stock!  Here I ran transparency/window sheet through the Big Shot with the embosslit.  I then "painted" the back side of the flowers with gold smooch ink and let it dry.  I punched a number of flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch and brushed gold card stock.  I adhered the flowers to the Early Espresso (yes, I know, it's brown :) card base using a variety of adhesives - glue dots, glue and dimensionals - after adding some adhesive rhinestones, pearls and a few brads.  Finally, I stamped a piece of Confetti card stock with the greeting from Sincere Salutations and punched it out using the decorative label punch (one of my favorites!).
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I wish you a peaceful, rewarding and creative weekend!!!!

No comments: