Sunday, September 25, 2011

Four Ways Friday #63 - Just Believe

Sorry that I am so late posting this week's Four Ways Friday!  I had a hectic week and needed a few days to regroup :)  But here it is - at last!  Four Ways Friday is all about the Just Believe stamp set this week.
This stamp set is one of those sets that is complete all by itself!  It has greetings and images that combine beautifully!  Here I simply stamped the leaf background onto a piece of Whisper White card stock with Pear Pizzazz ink.  I then stamped the greeting right over the image using Basic Black ink (and the stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure it was straight).  I adhered the panel to a piece of Basic Black card stock and then attached it to the Whisper White card base using dimensionals.  So simple!
For this second card I just took things up one notch by adding a touch of embossing.  I ran the Very Vanilla card base through the Big Shot with the Embossed Tulips embossing folder.  I then stamped the focal image using Bravo Burgundy ink.  The greeting was then stamped using Early Espresso ink with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig to keep everything straight :)  You could easily add a touch of dazzling diamonds to this card to give it a bit of sparkle!
Stamping and cutting are the focus of this card.  I stamped the frame image using Basic Black ink on Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out.  I then stamped the greeting onto another scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with the modern label punch.  I punched a designer label out of Basic Black card stock and then started to layer the pieces on a Crumb Cake card base.  First the Basic Black decorative label punch was attached with glue.  Then a small piece of striped ribbon was adhered with glue.  Next I attached the cut out image using dimensionals.  Finally, the modern label was added using a combination of glue and dimensionals.  A few adhesive rhinestone jewels were added for a bit of bling :)
Punches and stamping are a great combination for this stamp set!  Here I began by stamping the large grassy image, using Pear Pizzazz ink, on a Very Vanilla card base.  Next I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock using Basic Black ink and punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  I then punched a 2 3/4" scallop circle from Rich Razzleberry and layered the punched greeting on top of it using glue.  A small flower button was added to this flower using a mini glue dot.  Next I stamped the round floral image onto Very Vanilla card stock using both Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzazz ink.  I then punched the images out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I layered them onto 1 1/2" circles punched from Rich Razzleberry and Pear Pizzazz card stock.  I also punched scalloped circles out of Basic Black and Regal Rose card stock.  These smaller flowers were layered with a combination of glue and dimensionals and adhered to the card base.
I hope this week's Four Ways Friday inspires you to play with the Just Believe stamp set!  Or maybe the ideas here will trigger some creativity with another stamp set!  Either way, I hope you take something away that you can put to use in your own creations!  Have a beautiful rest of your Sunday!  I wish you a wonderfully creative week ahead!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

It's true, you can do so much with this set. I love them all, but the first is simple perfection and the last is so colorful.