Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sense of Time and Elements of Style Gift Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Gotta Do What You Can With What You've Got
I had a really rough night :(  For some reason I had these terrible pains in my tummy that kept me up for over 3 hours.  I still haven't figured out the cause (maybe it was that first P90X workout?!?) :)  As I write this (Wednesday afternoon), I am feeling a bit better, but still not 100%.  But I had a lot to do today, so I  had to put my head down and go to it!  Sometimes you gotta do what you can with what you've got.  That goes for today's card too.  I took what I had - a few leftover pieces - an embossed clock from the retired set Sense of Time; a small piece of card stock sitting on my craft table (finished card size 4 1/4" x 3"); and a stamp from Sense of Time.  I put it all together and here's what I came up with!  I know it won't fit in a standard envelope, but it would make an adorable card for a gift (maybe even a bottle of wine or a house plant?).  I like the idea of going over the edge of the card and not being limited by the rectangular shape of the card front...I'll have to play with that idea a bit more.  I hope you like it...I did what I could with what I had :)  For those of you that are celebrating the Jewish New Year - I wish you a healthy, happy, prosperous and creative new year!!!!!

No comments: