Thursday, May 31, 2012

Die Cut Dryer Sheet Flower

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Give Your Mailman A Treat :)
We don't always have the same person delivering our mail, but more often than not, it is Al, our mailman, that we find at the door with our mail in hand.  There are some days that the mail arrives in the slot and we are not by the door to answer (although Buddy is always on high alert - barking like a crazy man!).  However, if we happen to be home and we see that it is Al, we try to open the door and say hello.  Buddy and Al have become quite good friends (Al sometimes has bones to share with Buddy).  We also have grown to really like Al and to appreciate the hard work that he does.  On hot days we like to offer him water and one day, when Michael had just returned from the store, we offered Al a popsicle!  You should have seen the look on his face :)  It's the same look I get when I see a popsicle :)  It felt nice to provide Al with a smile and a cool treat on such a hot day and he really appreciated it!  When was the last time you gave your mailman a treat for the hard work he/she does??? :)
This is another card I created for Paper Crafter's Library using repurposed dryer sheets...I just can't stop myself!  For this card I colored the dryer sheets with a variety of inks and paints.  I then die cut the sheets with the Bigz L Fun Flowers die.  The greeting is from Curly Cute.  I hope you like it! :)  I just can't throw away a used dryer sheet :)

No comments: