Monday, May 28, 2012

Punched Star Congratulations Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Walk In The Rain
There are things about growing up that we have all wrong.  When did we go from stomping in puddles to being worried about bad hair days????  When I was young, the rain was something that was welcomed - a chance to jump in puddles, see worms, watch for lightening and listen to thunder.  I used to love looking up at the clouds and sticking my tongue out to see how many raindrops would land on my tongue.  Now, when it rains, many of us worry what it will do to our hair, our shoes, our clothes.  We complain about driving in it, stepping in it or feeling it.  The child in me had it right and that was confirmed last Wednesday night.  Our dedication to Buddy's evening walk took us out into the rain after dark.  To a wonderful world of puddles and worms, lightening, thunder and hail.  A walk in the rain does a body good!
Today's card is a simple card made with a star punch, some Wild Wasabi card stock, a strip of Bashful Blue card stock and a greeting from Curly Cute stamped onto Whisper White card stock.  I added one brad and a simple button with linen twine to finish it off!  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Cute, cute, cute. If only we could retain the simplicity of our youth!