Thursday, April 04, 2013

Nature Walk Mini Book

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  At Some Point, The Procrastination Must End!
Yup - it's that time of year - tax time!  And, once again, I have waited 'til I can't wait any longer to sit down and start working on my taxes.  Yes, I know I can get an extension, but I no longer allow myself to procrastinate that long!  So I consider getting my taxes to my accountant prior to the 15th progress! :)  Each year I vow to attempt to sit down and get taxes done at the beginning of the year...but somehow that vow is one that I have quite a hard time keeping!  Maybe next year????  I'm not sure I'd put money on that bet ;)  At some point, the procrastination must end!
I am still enjoying creating these mini books!  For the inside pages I use recycled printer paper.  Today I chose to begin with a piece of Always Artichoke card stock.  The paper is from the Festival of Prints stack (retired).  I then took a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock and scalloped the edge with the scallop edge punch.  I distressed the edges and then stamped with both the Nature Walk and Loving Thoughts stamp set.  The bird is also from Nature Walk, stamped with Baja Breeze onto Naturals Ivory card stock and cut out.  I used a few embellishments to dress up the cover - a neutrals button, vintage brad and a rosette I made out of Baja Breeze seam binding.  A bit of crochet trim finishes the look!  I hope you like it :)

No comments: