Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness Mini Book

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Edit
This word is in the running to become my favorite word during this phase of my journey with clutter.  Our friend who is a realtor uses this word a lot when he advises people on how to set their homes up prior to putting them on the market.  Edit, pare down, eliminate, lighten - whatever word you use, the action is the same.  Take a look at what is around you and decide what stays and what goes.  It is a slow process for me, but in the grand scheme it's not that slow.  I figure it took me years to accumulate what surrounds me, so if it happens to take months to edit, so be it!  At least I'm on the journey!
Today I decided to create another mini book :)  Sometimes I love having cards on hand and other times I enjoy creating a little stack of these books to use or to give away as presents.  I seem to go in phases :)  I began with a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock and the greeting from Pursuit of Happiness that I cut out using the Framelits Labels Collection.  I used both Early Espresso and Pretty In Pink card stock.  I also cut some strips of Brights designer series paper to adhere across the front of the book.  A few added embellishments and some pages sewn into the inside complete the mini book!  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Michelle
You could do a mini book about de-cluttering... you know, before and after photos, milestones, little achievements, rewards, how you feel about it...

Lorraine said...

I love that concept of editing. I'm in for some major editing this spring, like it or not. This little book would be a good way to find some usefulness in my paper stash. Thanks for the inspiration.