Monday, April 01, 2013

Print Poetry Mini Book


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Some Days You Are Up And Some Days You Are Down
By the time you are reading this I am hoping I will no longer be sitting on my couch feeling blah (which is where I am right now as I am typing this).  I've spent a lot of time on the couch today - mostly because my right ear feels like it is clogged.  I'm assuming it is a sinus issue and that it will go away - I was just hoping it wouldn't take all day to disappear!  Ugh!!!!  Yup, some days you're down and other days you're up...I think I'm ready for an up day!!!!! :)  If you are having a down day, I hope this little project perks you up!!!!!  (Ooh!  As I was scheduling this post I realized that it will post on April 1!  That's April Fool's Day!  I will definitely be off the couch for that! :)

I decided to make a little book today.  I love carrying these little books with me wherever I go - just to be able to capture thoughts and ideas.  It's also nice to keep one by the bed in case inspiration comes to you in your dreams!  I began with a piece of Early Espresso card stock that was cut down and folded in half.  Next I adhered a piece of Print Poetry designer paper to the cover.  I then layered a few pieces of card stock - Not Quite Navy and Naturals Ivory and knotted a piece of Crumb Cake seam binding around the card stock before adhering it to the book front.  I stamped one of the Four Frames images onto Soft Suede card stock and punched it out and did the same with one of the That's The Ticket images.  I then stamped the word "notes" using the Simply Serif alphabet set.  Finally, I punched some scallop circles with various sized punches, layered them together and added a vintage trinket brad in the center.  The pages inside the book are recycled printer paper pages that I inserted into the book by punching 3 holes through all of the layers and threading hemp twine through the holes as you would with a book signature.  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is such a sweet little book. I love the colors. Hope you are feeling a little better. Earaches are the pits!

TiaraHelen said...

Arghhrrr that little ticket stamp and punch are so adorable. In fact, I want all this kit, the postcard sized print poetry pages are perfect for making your mini books or cards.

h x