Friday, March 28, 2014

Painted Paper and Some Stamp Carving



Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There's Magic In Motion
Yesterday I made myself very proud!  I swam just over 2 miles in the pool!  I still can't believe it!  The swim workout I did included some sprints and lots and lots of laps :)  There was something magical about the motion.  The more I swam, the more I relaxed.  The more I began to feel natural in the water.  And I realize the same thing is true about my art.  I start out and things feel tense - tight - like they are not flowing.  But, I keep moving - I apply more paint to a page; stamp an image; doodle a bit - I create a space where magic can happen.  Just by engaging in the motion you let the Universe know that you are open to the magic.
Today I am sharing some of the results of my motion.  Two painted pieces of dry wax paper (deli paper) that will be turned into something :)  As I was painting the pages I had the urge to do some stamping on the pages, which led me to carve a few stamps of my own.  I hadn't sat down to carve stamps - the carving came to me because I stayed in motion and I waited for the magic to happen!  I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend filled with magic!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Your happiness is showing!