Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here's my card from today's color challenge on SplitCoast - baja breeze, pacific point and garden green. So calling this a challenge really hit the nail on the head for me today (can I blame it on the antibiotics I'm taking for bronchitis?!). Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Do not operate crafting material while under the influence of antibiotics! Just kidding :) The real lesson from today is K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stamper)!

If you could only see what this poor card went through. It started out beautifully - with my new found sewing passion. Then I embossed a cb folder of leaves/branches and inked them with pacific point and embossed them. Then I stamped and cut out the A Little Bit of Happiness images and coated those with Crystal Effects and also added beads and embroidery floss. And then things went haywire...I tried to put the poor card together and at some point had a FOREST of those cb branches all over the card - it looked like a tornado had gone through my card! So then I tried to fix it up...and do you know what it's like to tear something off of a card once you have adhered it with mono adhesive?! Ugh! So then came the sanding block and the adhesive remover which gunked up the embossed and sewn panels so I just kept sanding so that my pacific point panel looked like faux snake skin suede (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). So I finally brought it back to a place where I felt it was presentable...and a little bit of stickles never hurts :)

So, here you go! And if you're ever on antibiotics and find yourself wanting to create...remember to K.I.S.S....keep it simple stamper :) Enjoy!

ps I am always so weary of medication. The doctor prescribed a Z-pack and mucinex - which I obediently took last night and I woke up feeling worse today! Aargh! I think my body and medicine don't mix. Hopefully I will be feeling better soon - I am so grateful to have art in my life - it really is the best medicine!

No comments: