Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's Lesson From the Craft Room (hmmm - this might be today's lesson and yesterday's lesson!): Don't Give Up! (fyi, you may notice that this lesson comes up a lot for me! Guess it's one I really need to learn :)

It's funny to me how facing a blank 5.5 x 4.25" front of a card - waiting to begin - can be such an adventure...(and, at times, invoke quite a bit of fear). It's peering at the unknown - wondering what will emerge. And, yes, at times what begins to emerge gets your inner critic all up in arms! (I don't know if I'm allowed to repeat what my inner critic says here - I want to keep my blog rated PG!). And when my inner critic has her panties in a bunch I keep telling myself, "Don't Give Up!" It is so important to see your creation through to the end, whatever that end looks like. And, if you get to the end and you aren't pleased you can keep going - change something - or recognize that there was learning in the journey and decide to go on another new adventure.

This card began yesterday and it did not feel complete to me. So I took a break overnight and, sure enough, as I was drifting off to sleep, I knew this card needed a "meow." When I woke up this morning I gave these cats their "meow" and the card came together. I was so glad I didn't give up! Enjoy!

No comments: