Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Try it, you'll like it!

Today's challenge on SCS involved using alcohol in your creation. No, I don't mean drinking alcohol and creating - you had to use some type of alcohol product - markers, rubbing alcohol with ink, or some type of alcohol-related image. I had never tried playing with rubbing alcohol and ink so I tried it and I liked it!!!!

I dripped some gold ink on a piece of glossy card stock and then soaked a cotton makeup pad (didn't have any cotton balls) with rubbing alcohol and put some drops of brilliant blue and kiwi kiss on the makeup pad and then pounced all over the gold ink and glossy card stock. I felt like I was getting some arm exercises done in the craft room :) I let it dry and cut out some of the flowers from the Urban Garden paper. Also did a little embossing and ta-da...my first alcohol creation...and no, I don't mean I was tipsy while playing the craft room :)

So next time something new comes along, try it...you may just like it! :)

No comments: