Saturday, March 13, 2010

Faux Designer Series Paper - Tart & Tangy

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Pass Along A Last Minute Invitation

Last night I cooked a big meal.  We realized, that if we didn't have company, we would be eating the same recipe for a week!  So, although it was already dinner time, we decided to give Michael's sister a call and invite her over for dinner.  I have to admit that I felt a bit guilty calling her so late to pass along the invite, but I ignored the guilt and called anyway.  I had to leave a message, but 30 minutes later she called back and said she and her boyfriend would be over!  I was so glad I had passed along the invitation - even though it was at the last minute.  We had a great time sitting and chatting.  So next time you want to pass along a last minute invite and are feeling a little guilty about it - swallow your pride and make the call - you'll be so glad you did!

Today's SCS challenge was to find inspiration from the Warm Biscuit Bedding Company.  I chose this fabric as my inspiration!  I stamped the background in barely banana with the Sanded background stamp and then used my markers to color the cherry stamp from tart & tangy and randomly stamped it all over the card stock.  The garden green card stock was punched with the eyelet border punch and then run through the crimper about 5 times to give it a lace feel.  I hope you like it!

No comments: