Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sneak Peek - Sweet Scoops!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Support Someone Else's Art!

My friend Mario Rivoli is an incredible artist! He has been creating since he was 5 years old!  He is an amazing assemblage artist and I am always wowed by his creations! We went to lunch the other day, and when we picked him up at his house we were given a tour of some of his latest creations. I fell in love with this amazing beaded flower arrangement - just gorgeous.

So...I bought it!!!!! It felt so good to support someone else's creative spirit by purchasing their work. There are a lot of ways we can support someone else's art - by our purchases, our comments, our encouragement. Who can you support today?

Today's challenge on SCS was to incorporate something new. One of my new things is obvious - the new Sweet Scoops stamp set that will be out in the summer mini catalog! Isn't it yummy?! :) I also tried a new technique that came to me in yet another dream!!!! I was dreaming about sand, and, as I was waking up, my creative mind thought, "Hey, I wonder if you can dye white sand with classic ink?" Well, the answer is an absolute YES! It also dries right away so you can get instant gratification! I may put together a quick video today to demo the technique. I adhered the sand to the card using heat and stick powder. I hope you like it!

No comments: