Sunday, March 07, 2010

Stamp Free Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You've Gotta Just Get Through It

I don't know what was up with me yesterday.  I was in quite the cranky mood.  I can always use my default PMS excuse, but I think I was just experiencing a case of the blahs.  Nothing seemed to cheer me up - not a trip to our friend's store to visit the new puppy, not a trip to the fabric store to buy some supplies, not even horchata (have you tried this delicious rice, cinnamon and vanilla drink?  It's awesome!!!).  Sometimes you've just gotta get through it and recognize that at some point, like everything else, change will come.  I am here to attest to that!  Today is a new day and my crankiness has gone - yeah!  I've made it through!

Today's card has no stamping!  Blasphemy! :)  I used the Sending Love specialty designer series paper.  This stuff is gorgeous!  One side of each sheet has glitter on it!  Love it!  I also used the Big Shot to emboss the black panel with the finnial press embossing folder.  I used my daisies #2 die to die cut the black flower.  The pink flower was punched using the scallop circle punch.  Finally, I made the brad using our build-a-brads!  I love these too since you can use your 3/4" circle punch to punch out a piece of designer paper and then build your own brad to match your card!  The finishing touch was a piece of our luscious 5/8" black satin ribbon.  I hope you like it!  If you want to order any of the supplies used in today's card, stop by my on-line shopping site - open 24/7!

1 comment:

jovialjudi said...

Really like the pink and black combo! I love to do cards and let the paper do the work. Great job Michelle!!