Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Greetings Earthling, Clean and Simple


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Are How You Act, Not Just How You Believe

I began reading the book "Have A Little Faith" by Mitch Albom yesterday.  I'm loving it so far!  Today's lesson is a quote from the book (p. 44) and it really struck me as something to always keep in mind.  It's easy to have faith and to believe.  It also seems that it can be challenging to continue to make sure that our actions line up with our faith and our beliefs.  In the coming year I hope that I will continue to make progress in assuring that my actions are in line with my faith and my beliefs - I wish the same for you :)

Today's card came together quickly for the color challenge on SCS - the challenge was to combine neutrals of your choice with dusty durango, barely banana and basic gray.  Something about this color combo made me think "retro" and "robots!"  It's hard to tell, but I popped the barely banana layer up on the basic gray.  Hope you like it :)

1 comment:

marilynprestonn said...

Michelle I missed this on tuesday. It's very pretty and inspiring me for 2 reasons. The first one is I have recieved alien stamps in a contest a little while back from our SCS hostess for the IC (Stephanie) she is a sweetie by the way. Well, I didn't quite know how to work with them and your pretty card inspired me. So hope you don't mind me using yours as inspiration for mine.

And the second reason and I think it's the most important one, is that you are reading the same book I am and I think I have read all his books, he is one author I appreciate so much. Fun, witty and clear as to what he says and mean. I hope to finish it soon, and sometimes not, because it's a great read. Wonder if you heard about this book.

The household guide to dying( anovel about life) It's from Debra Adelaide, an Australian author. I'm really enjoying it also. It's not gruesome, but very wholesome and funny!

I want to wish you a very happy new year. You are quite an inspiring person!

Kindly, Peggy